When businesses own or acquire various Intellectual Properties, IP Audit provides a systematic review of the same along with risk assessment, remedies implemented and IP asset management.
Due Diligence comes under the purview of IP audit itself. It essentially helps in assessing the quality and quantity of the intellectual property owned. It may be carried out in preparation for business transactions.
What we offer?
- IP Audit- We reviews and audit clients’ IP assets and offer suggestions regarding their IP portfolio. We also conduct trade secret and confidential information audits.
- IP restructuring - Advise on IP Restructuring aligned with the requirements of their business and expansion plans.
- Assess prospective IP acquisitions- Our team identifies the existence, validity and enforceability of the IP rights and know- how owned or licensed by a client or a prospective acquire company, along with the scope, geographical extent, and term of such IP rights. We provide freedom to operate analysis on patents, products, processes or trademarks used by the company.
- IP Vigilance and risk mitigation- We are vigilant of the client’s IP rights and conduct routine IP watches and ensure that our clients don’t commit inadvertent IP infringements. We opine on the existence or likelihood of IP-related litigation.
- IP Policy building- We assess whether a company has an IP policy and if required we help write one or make suggestions for corrective action, or further steps to be taken to mitigate any problems.
- Advise on IP warranties- We advise on the scope of IP warranties and indemnities and their impact on future business.
- Contract vetting and Monetisation- We draft and vet various commercial IP contracts and provide a pragmatic value for IP assets.